I the undersigned declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotion) Order 2005. I understand that this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA');
- the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA');
- by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- I may have no right to complain to either of the following:
- the Financial Conduct Authority ('FCA'); or
- the Financial Ombudsman Scheme; and
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme ('FSCS').
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies:-
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.